Monday, December 8, 2014

My Life Timeline

As a young adult, I am constantly witnessing friends and classmates who are getting engaged, married, and having babies. I'm sure I am not the only one in my demographic who takes notice of this. I feel 100% sure that I could never be doing that at this point in my life, but I feel happy for them. Just because I am not at the point in my life, doesn't mean they aren't at that point in theirs.

It is up to everyone to figure out what they want and when they want it. Since I was a business nerd in college, I learned the importance of goal-setting. I use that idea not only for work, but also for myself, because it gives you somewhat of a plan. Yes, this plan may change, but you can always adjust your goals to fit life changes. It's just important to take the time to actually evaluate your wants and needs, and give yourself something to work for.

My timeline is mainly based on building a comfortable and exciting career as a foundation, and then working more on the personal side of life. Someone else may be more focused on their personal life first. Another person may want to try to juggle it all at once. That's okay. We just need to be honest with ourselves about what we actually want and what we can actually handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment