Saturday, November 15, 2014

CH-CH-CH-CH-Changes


“The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change -”

― Heraclitus

How many of us have ever felt pressure? My guess is that every human, animal, vegetable, and mineral has felt the gravitational pull that is pressure. Pressure to survive, succeed, and fit-in surrounds us on the daily. I certainly am, in no way, a stranger to this feeling. What brought this on? The dreaded "C-word". Change.

As some of you may or may not know, I have recently taken the leap into what is traditionally known as "adulthood". I just graduated with my degree, moved to an apartment, and am currently working toward continuing my career in the arts. On top of that, my loans have gone into repayment and I have gone into level 1 panic mode.

Despite the pressure change is bringing, I am not actually freaking out. I mean, I'm only on level 1 panic mode. You want to know why? I have faith in myself. I trust my judgment, and I trust in the universe. There is so much opportunity out there for the taking, and I plan to be the one hogging it all to myself. Soon, this period of change and adjustment will all be a distant memory I laugh about as I drink a glass of wine on my beach-house patio. (Okay, maybe not).

The other crucial factor to remember is this: change is good. It allows us to open-up to new experiences and enrich our lives. Don't stress. Nobody ever got anywhere in life from being stressed. Steve Jobs didn't create a ground-breaking technology enterprise by having a panic attack and hissy-fit. You make your dreams come true by hard work, dedication, and risk-taking. It's easier said than done, but just keep your goals and aspirations in the forefront. Let them drive you to succeed.

My advice to you all is quite simple: don't be afraid of change, because it opens up new worlds of opportunity. Use the pressure to motivate yourself to get up everyday and fight for what you want. If you can commit (the OTHER dreaded "C-word"!) to this idea, you can do anything you are willing to work for.

No comments:

Post a Comment